Jaccho Mikkola, Again Assistant Track Coach Here, Returns to Cambridge With Olympic Laurels and a Wife

Jaccho Mikkola, the Finnish track star who coached, single handed, the record smashing Finnish track team at the Olympic meet this summer has returned to his coaching position at Harvard with new honors, and a wife.

Jaccho's track triumphs were realized by everyone this summer when the results of the Olympic meet, cabled to America, showed that his sturdy little band of athletes from Finland had won ten first places, only two less than the number of first places scored by the winning team from the United States. But the news of his marriage came as far more of a surprise when he reached Cambridge last week to begin his coaching work with the cross country and track squads at Harvard.

The romance began a year ago last June, when he was travelling to Finland on the steamship Kungsholm to start work with the Finnish athletes. On the boat he met Miss Signe Quarnstrom, a girl born in Finland, who had lived in America since she was five years old, and was returning to her native country to visit her relatives.

The announcement of the engagement came soon after, and when the time came for the Olympics last July. Miss Quarnstrom accompanied Jaccho and his squad of athletes to Paris. The Olympics ended on the 13th of July. And on the 14th, Bastille Day, Jaccho and his flancee appeared at the Finland legation at Paris and celebrated the holiday by getting married.

For the past eight weeks the couple have toured through Europe on their honeymoon, returning to America about a week ago. They are now getting settled in an apartment in Cambridge, while Jaccho is preparing to take up his duties with the Harvard track team.