1928 SEXTET TO OPEN AGAINST CUSHING TODAY

Freshman Line-up Contains Many Prep-School Stars--Seconds will Oppose Noble and Greenough

The Freshmen hockey team will open its season today at 2.15 o'clock when it opposes the Cushing Academy sextet on the Arena ice.

Coach Dempsey has been giving his men thorough workouts in preparation for this inaugural contest. The material he has had to work with has been excellent, and if the form in practice is to be taken as a criterion, the team should equal the record of the undefeated 1927 Freshmen stickmen.

Garrison One Star Among Many

G. C. Crawford 2d., former St. Mark's hockey player, and quarterback on the 1928 football team will probably be at right wing to start today's contest. J. P. Chase is slated to play center ice this afternoon against the schoolboys. Chase starred for Milton and Exeter before entering the University. W. G. Saltonstall will play left wing. Saltonstall was a regular end on the first year eleven. At right defense Coach Dempsey expects to start D. L. Garrison, former Country Day athlete. Garrison's excellent stickwork and all-round play have been features of the preseason practice sessions. J. B. Robinson's ability to break up his opponents' offensive play has won him the assignment at the other defense position. Robinson played at Milton last year. Either Joseph Morrill Jr. or F. W. Adams will defend the 1928 goal in today's engagement. Morrill played for two years on the Middlesex team and Adams played at Exeter.

Many Substitutes Available

Gardner Emmons, T. W. Satterthwaite Jr., and H. G. Swann compose the second string forward line which will probably be substituted for the regulars today. John Watts and M. P. Higgins are the substitute defense men likely to see action this afternoon.

The Second University sextet is scheduled to take on the Noble and Greenough skaters on the Charlesbank rinks this afternoon. The second team will lineup with Parrish at right wing, Durant center, Peirson playing left wing, Tilt right defense, Righter left defense and Harding at goal.