No Charge

THE MAIL--

The Harvard Crimson assumes no responsibility for the sentiments expressed by correspondents, and reserves the right to exclude any communication whose publication may for any reason seem undesirable. Except by special arrangement, communications cannot be published anonymously.

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

I read in this morning's Herald your editorial entitled "No Political Juggling."

As a member of the Legislative Committee which rejected the petition to have the Legislature investigate the University I listened to the statements made by the petitioners at the hearing. I heard no statement that warranted the expression that a charge had been made against the University. The Committee speedily and unanimously rejected their bill. I believe that the Legislature will support the vote of the Committee and end the matter so far as the Legislature is concerned, and I hope that the CRIMSON will not dignify the petitioners statements by any request that based on them an inquiry by the Alumni should be instigated. Very truly yours,   Levin H. Saltonstall '14.