FALL TENNIS TOURNAMENT TO GET UNDER WAY NEXT MONDAY

Entry Lists Now Open--Whitbeck, Gordon, Lenhart Expected to Enter

Entry lists for the University tennis tournament, which starts Monday, October 5, will remain open for both singles and doubles until noon on Saturday, October 3. Blue books for entry purposes may be obtained at Leavitt & Peirce's, the Union, the Squash courts, or Harry Cowles' Shop.

"It is of the utmost importance," declared Manager Lyon Boston '26 yesterday, "that all aspirants for the '26 tennis team enter the tournament, as Coach Cowles plans to pick his squad from the men who finish highest in the tournament."

The customary two out of three sets in the preliminaries and three out of five in the final matches will be required in both singles and doubles. Some of the strongest contenders for the title won last year by T. Harada, champion of Japan and member of the Japanese Davis Cup team this year, are expected to via for the honor again this fall. Among them are J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, and L. H. Gordon '27 and P. M. Lenhart '27, last years semi-finalists in doubles.