HUBBARD AND BJORKMAN, FORMER CRIMSON AND GREEN CAPTAINS, PREDICT CLOSE BATTLE

HUBBARD EXPECTS GRIM FIGHT

"Last Saturday, when the score of the Harvard-Holy Cross game was announced in the Dartmouth stadium the crowds of undergraduates cheered eagerly. A Dartmouth team, composed largely of second string men, had at that time completed the first half and had rolled up a score of 49 points against the University of Maine. The incident admirably pictured a superficial aspect of today's game. They expect to win.

"After the game, one of the coaches remarked that he was sorry to hear of our defeat, because that only made his job more difficult. He showed much sounder judgment. Easy competition is a good way to get an offense working smoothly, but it does not show whether a team has got the fight. Any overconfidence that the Harvard team may have had is gone and they have learned what it is to have a well drilled organization opposite them. When they go onto the field against Dartmouth, they will know that the college is back of them to the man; they will know that they have a job to do and a confidence to maintain. They will go on to fight to the end and where there is the hardest fighting the victory will follow."