UNIVERSITY NOSES OUT FLEET-FOOTED INDIANS

Tibbetts and Haggerty Finish First and Second in 27-28 Victory Over Green Cross-Country Team

In the best race of the season, the University cross-country team nosed out a 27 to 28 victory over the Hanover runners yesterday. W. L. Tibbetts '26 and E. C. Haggerty '27, who crossed the finish line first and second were given a hard race all the way in by Dalrymple and Auer of Dartmouth, and were at times led by them.

Captain Tibbetts' time, 28 minutes, 28 seconds, was by far the best done this year, and makes the record for the course. Haggerty crossed just two seconds later, and Dalrymple and Auer followed in rapid succession. R. G. Luttman '28 finished fifth, while McDonough, Conant, and Wolfe took the next three places for Dartmouth. The last men to count in the scoring were L. J. Novogrod '27 and C. A. Gordon '26 for the Crimson.

The Freshmen also made a good showing yesterday, taking the first four places in solid formation in their run against the Dartmouth 1929 aggregation to win 18 to 37.