Vigilant Cambridge Postal Officials Earn New Laurels By Their Suppression of Practical Jokers' Postcards

A scurrilous plot against the CRIMSON was foiled last night and another suppression chalked up to the credit of the Cambridge postal authorities, when 2500 return postal cards sent out by practical jokers, unidentified as yet, but suspected of being Lampson editors, were barred from the mails on several charges. Several hundred cards were delivered yesterday morning, but the rest are now being held at the Cambridge Post Office.

The postal cards were evidently sent out in an effort to discredit a statement in an editorial appearing in Wednesday morning's CRIMSON. On the return postal card were printed a statement by a New York sports writer to the effect that Harvard would willingly trade President Lowell, President Eliot and an assortment of department heads for a good running backfield, and a quotation from the CRIMSON's editorial refuting the charge. The recipient of each postal card was asked to check his opinion on each quotation "in the interest of statistics," and return the card.

The return address, "Drayton Hall, Room 100" is of course fictitious, and constitutes one of the reasons for the post office action. It also makes impossible the detection of the perpetrators of the jest. The current theory is that the questionnaire was sponsored by the Lampson as that is the organization most frequently suppressed in this locality.