CERCLE FRANCAIS PLAY MAKES DEBUT TOMORROW

COACH PLAYED LEADING ROLE IN PARIS PRODUCTION

The curtain will rise on the Cercle Francais' new play, "Le Controleur des Wagon-Lits," by Alexander Bisson at 2.15 o'clock in the Fine Arts Theatre tomorrow afternoon. The second performance will be held in the same theatre at 8.15 Wednesday night.

Bisson's comedy has been acclaimed as one of the most amusing French plays of late years. M. Ernest Perrin, the veteran coach of the Cercle's dramatics, has himself played the leading role some hundreds of times at the Theatre des Varieties in Paris.

No changes have been announced in the original cast as it was first announced. E. P. Etting '28 as Georges Godefroid, and C. S. Smith '27 as Alfred Godefroid will take the leading roles. As Montpepin, Y. H. Buhler will once more grace the French stage with a generous interpretation of the part, while President Ernst Iselin Jr. '26 is cast as Raoul de Saint-Medard. R. D. Merian '27 will impersonate Laborsave, while G. K. Bell '25 will assume the role of Charbonneau, a small, though delightful part.

Opposite Etting will play Miss Janet Sabine, daughter of the late Professor Sabine of Harvard, authority on acoustics. Miss Elizabeth Lyman, who as the Barbara Fritchie of Beacon Street has amply proved here powers of acting, will assume the role of Mme. Montpepin, with Miss Louisa Bazeley as Mme. Charbonneau. In the smaller though none the less interesting parts are cast Miss Charlotte Moseley as Argile, Miss Helen Howe as Rosine Charbonneau, Miss Helen Streeter as Francoise, and Miss Juliet Greens as Julie.

Tickets for this opening event are on sale at Herrick's, Loew's State Theatre, and from O. A. Spalding, 22 Plympton Street.