DODGE TO TALK ABOUT NEAR EAST EDUCATION

SERVICES HAVE MADE HIM VERY POPULAR IN ASIA MINOR

Mr. Bayard Dodge's experience as president of an America-Syrian university, as a practical worker in Near East Relief work, and as a Y. M. C. A. secretary abroad will be drawn upon in his talk on "Educational Problems of the Near East" at 7.30 o'clock tonight at the Union.

Mr. Dodge, who holds degrees from Princeton, Columbia, and Union Theological Seminary, has both taught and learned from the Syrian peoples in his twelve years of work at the American University of Beirut.

In 1913 Mr. Dodge began his work at Beirut as University Y. M. C. A. secretary. During the World War he carried the double load of school duties and relief work among the refugees and war victims. In the latter he promulgated the idea of giving the Syrians work to do, such as roadmaking, sewing, and weaving, at the same time that relief was administered. Mr. Dodge's intimate labors in this activity made him highly popular in Asia Minor.

Election to the presidency of the American University of Beirut in 1922 is Mr. Dodge's latest honor. He is the third president of the University, in which are now enrolled 1215 students of 25 nationalities.