RAWLINS WINS SQUASH TITLE IN CLOSE MATCH

LENHART BRILLIANT IN FIRST TWO GAMES, WINNING 15-6, 15-9

H. N. Rawlins '27 captured the University squash title yesterday by defeating P. M. Lenhart '27 in the final round of the University squash racquets tournament. Lenhart won the first two games and it seemed likely that he would take the match, but Rawlins rallied with increasing strength and won the last three, taking the fifth 15 to 4.

In the first game, Lenhart started off with a superb exhibition of front-wall shots and swamped Rawlins 15 to 6. Using the same tactics, he captured the second game 15 to 9. In the third, however, Rawlins adopted a system of drop shots and corner shots which put a decided cramp in Lenhart's style. Rawlins pressed his advantage and pulled ahead, winning 15 to 10. From this point Rawlins' touch steadily improved, and he won the next game 15 to 11. In the last game he quickly forged ahead of Lenhart and defeated him 15 to 4.

Both Players Show Headwork

The match was distinguished by the clever headwork used on both sides and by the brilliant play of Lenhart in the first two games. Rawlins seemed at first upset by his opponent's style and made several erratic shots until he found a system with which Lenhart seemed unable to cope. Then he steadily recovered his confidence, and at the end completely turned the tables on Lenhart.

Lenhart Will Be Formidable in 1926

Both the players were title-holders before the match yesterday, Rawlins having won the college championship by defeating Captain-elect Debevoise, and Lenhart having captured the championship of B class.