UNIVERSITY TO DEBATE WITH DARTMOUTH TONIGHT

H-Y-P DEBATE SUBJECT WILL BE USED TONIGHT

The University team will hold a debate with Dartmouth today at Hanover on the subject: "Resolved, that this house views with alarm the present tendency of Eastern colleges to stress a standard of business and professional utility in college education."

Will Use Same Question in H-Y-P Debate

The University debaters will uphold the negative side of the question. The same subject will be used in the triangular debate between Harvard, Yale, and Princeton which will be held on March 21. On this occasion, the University will support the negative at Princeton, while the affirmative team will debate against Yale at Cambridge.

The debate tonight is the first in which Harvard has ever debated against Dartmouth. The two meet for the first time as the result of Harvard's joining this year the Intercollegiate Debating League, an organization which includes several of the eastern colleges.

Debaters Spoke at Y. M. C. A. Last Night

The University team gained practice for the debate by speaking last night before the Boston Y. M. C. A. The speeches will be of twelve minutes' duration. The personnel of the teams is as follows: HARVARD (con)  DARTMOUTH (pro) F. W. Lorenzen '28  W. B. Sleigh E. J. Metzdorf '26  F. Hurd E. A. Smith '26  W. H. McKay