GIVE TILL IT HURTS

Today the harassed seniors, in the throes of divisionals will assemble to watch the birdie from the steps of Widener. After their care-worn faces are exposed to the negative, their lives will be imperilled in the positive. That is, the freshmen will be allowed the rare pleasure of settling old scores with the size of their largess. Silver is a heavier metal than nickel or copper and usually comes in bigger commodities. Surely the privilege of "crowning" the senior is cheap at any price.

If the freshman class does not give, it does not have a picture. That reductioad absurdum should convince even the most oafish yearling that coins, not rolls of paper, are needed. Of course, 1928 does not know what use will be made of its money, but that, after all, is a mere peccadillo. Last year the freshmen covered themselves with ignominy by being tight, uncommonly tight, which is a shocking reversal of the proper order, 1928, however, will have no conscientious scruple for parsimony. Forty-two percent of the seniors never drink, and it is rumored that this year the funds, instead of being used for a senior picnic, will purchase two heroic statues for the steps of Widener Rodin's 'Le Penseur,' representing Concentration and one of G. K. Chesterton, symbolic of Distribution. Surely the freshmen must contribute generously to such a cause.