PROFESSOR CHASE NAMED TO SUCCEED DEAN LOWES

CONANT, STURGIS, IRVING, AND FAUNCE ALSO RAISED

Professor George H. Chase '96, Hudson Professor of Archaeology since the establishment of that chair in 1916, and teacher at the University since 1901, has been named Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences to succeed Dean Lowes in September, 1925, Professor Chase, during this second half year, has been Acting Dean of the College in the absence of Dean Greenough, who is abroad, Professor Chase has been for some time Curator of Classical Antiquities at the University.

Announcement is made at the same time of the promotion of Kenneth J. Conant '15, at present Instructor in Architecture and Tutor in Fine Arts, to Assistant Professor of Architecture.

In the Medical School, the three-year appointments as assistant professors include promotions of three men who have been until now faculty instructors. The three are Cyrus C. Sturgis, named Assistant Professor of Medicine; Frederick C. Irving '06, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics; and Calvin B. Faunce Jr., Assistant Professor of Otology.

In the Graduate School of Education during the first half of 1925-26, Dr. Robert F. Seybolt, Assistant Professor of the History of Education at the University of Illinois, will be lecturer on the History of Education.