AMHERST INVADES CRIMSON DIAMOND

Expected to Pitch Whole Game--1928 Has Vital Test at Worcester Today--First Second Team Game at Exeter

After a week's inaction since its southern trip due to an unsympathetic weather man, the University baseball team will take the field at 3 o'clock this afternoon against an invading nine from Amherst. The visiting team is fresh from New Haven, where it experienced a disappointing setback but comes with an expectation of turning the tables this afternoon.

In spite of the fact that Amherst took a 19 to 1 trouncing at the hands of Yale, its team has given evidence of much greater potentialities. In the Princeton game, Woodruff, the same pitcher who will work against the Crimson today, held the Tigers to four hits in nine innings and only lost the game 2 to 1 because of an error in the final frame. If he is in good form this afternoon, the University batsmen are anticipating a difficult day's work.

The Harvard line-up presents few changes from that which faced most of the southern universities last week. Coach Mahan expects to start Toulmin on the mound, where he will probably stay throughout the game.