UNION WILL SPONSOR COMMUNITY SINGING

Has Hesitated Because of Doubt as to Extent of Interest in Informal Sings--Praises Crimson's Idea

Following the suggestion made editorially in yesterday's CRIMSON urging the value of community singing in the University and suggesting the Union as a possible sponsor, the Union has stepped forward and offered its facilities and cooperation in the project. The Union's cooperation was offered in the following letter addressed to the CRIMSON:

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

". . . no opportunity to learn and to sing Harvard songs for the love of singing them. Now that the need is made manifest the Union should step into the breach and provide the opportunity here before lacking." So you write in the reading editorial of this morning's issue.

This is an excellent idea. Perhaps the Union has been missing a genuine opportunity to be of service to the college community. The Union has hesitated to extend its activities into this field because of a doubt as to the extent of the interest in informal sings.

The Union stands quite ready to do all that it can to provide facilities for the singing of Harvard songs. It has soon well suited to the purpose; it will obtain a leader--Dr. Davison, if possible and provide music for the occasion. If we can have some indication that a couple of hundred men would like to come to sing, we shall be glad to make appropriate arrangements. A. D. Welton Jr.,   Secretary of the Governing Board.