TRACK OUTLOOK DARK AS STAR IS INJURED AGAIN

VICTORY SURE IN WEIGHTS AND MIDDLE DISTANCES

With the Yale meet only a week distant, the Crimson appears to have only a fighting chance to win. In a comparison of strength from previous performances Yale has a margin of from fifteen to twenty points over Harvard. With all the Crimson athletes in good condition, the meet would be closer. Fletcher, the best Hurdler, will not be able to compete again because of illness.

Miller Injures Leg Again

Several other potential point winners are troubled with injuries. Hope of winning the 100 yd. disappeared Friday when Miller again injured his leg which was hurt in the Princeton meet, and which kept him from running in the Intercollegiate. As he left the field Friday, he limped perceptibly. He will probably run against Norton but his tendon will prevent him from doing his best.

Robb has not practiced all week because he was troubled by an old football injury and may be unable to run. Cheek has been out since the Princeton meet because of a pulled tendon in his arm and it is doubtful whether he will be ready for the Yale meet.

Middle Distance Trio Should Win

There is also a bright side to the picture. With the trio of aces, Watters, Haggerty, and Tibbetts, Harvard ought to win first in the half-mile and two-mile. Yale has no men who can approach the previous performances of these three. It is not unlikely that the dual meet records in these events will fall. Captain Dunker in the shotput and Berglund in the hammer will each add five more points to the team's score.

With Miller out of condition, Norton, Yale's star who scored 12 points in the intercollegiates, ought to win both the 100 and the 200 yard dashes. Either Peck or Lundell should place in these events. With Fletcher out, Yale should win both the high and low hurdles. Captain Gage of Yale should win the 440 with his teammate, Paulsen close behind him. The broad jump is conceded to Norton of Yale, intercollegiate champion. Comins and Deacon are likely to shut out Harvard's men in this event. The latter should win the high jump, being capable of jumping over six feet. Durfee of Yale must do his best to beat Combs in the pole-vault. Competition in the discus should be close; both Laimbeer and Graf are doing around 125 feet in practice.

Third places will be keenly contested. The total score shows Yale well in the lead. A great task lies ahead of the Crimson track team, when they leave for New Haven Thursday afternoon at 5 o'clock.