TEN MONDAY LECTURES PLANNED FOR FRESHMEN

CHASE, SLATTERY, LAWRENCE ARE LISTED AMONG SPEAKERS

"What Should a Man Get Out of College?" has been announced as the geneeral subject of the Freshman Monday Night Lecture Course for this year. The course will he held from October 5 to December 14, in the Smith Halls Common Room.

This institution, which was begun in 1901 as a Bible Study Group, has developed gradually into a series of lectures which bring to the Freshmen some of the most prominent speakers of the country. In is renewal this autumn, two further innovations are to be found in the introduction of speakers by proctors and in the treatment of one general subject throughout the entire course.

Schedule includes Ten Talks

Ten talks are included in the schedule which has just been announced. G. H. Chase '96, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, will begin the series, talking on the transition from school to college, on October 5. He will be followed on October 19 by Professor K. F. Mather, whose subject is announced as "A Trained Intellect: The Ability to See, Rather Than Just to Look." "Our Social Inheritance" will he the subject of Professor R. B. Perry G. '97 on the following Monday night.

Slattery is Among Speakers

The Right Reverend C. L. Slattery '91, Bishop Coadjutor of Massachusetts, will discuss on November 2 the various ways of reaching a decision on a life work. "College Life" and "Our Religious Inheritance" will be the subjects of the next two meetings, which will be addressed by the Reverend C. R. Brown G. '94, Dean of the Yale Divinity School, and by Dr. H. K. Sherrill G. '12, Rector of Trinity Church, Boston.

Lawrence Gives Final Lecture

Dr. W. L. Sperry, Dean of the University Theological School, is scheduled to speak on November 23, and he will be followed on the Smith Halls platform by Dr. T. G. Soares of the University of Chicago and by Professor J. L. Coolidge '95. The final lecture of the series will be given on December 14 by Bishop William Lawrence '91, who will talk on "Harvard College, 1870-1920".