AMERICA NOW LIES UNDER CLUTCHES OF FEMININITY

CITES PROHIBITION AS PROOF THAT AMERICA IS "MATRIARCHE"

"Your country is already the most closely regulated socially of all nations, and women will make it increasingly more so," is the opinion of Count Herman Keyserling, European Philosopher expressed in an interview with the CRIMSON yesterday.

"Prohibition is a regulation formulated by women, made into law by women, and men forced by women into supporting it; in the future, under the matriarchate, the epidemic of law making in this country will become even more aggravated," the Count continued.

This was one of his chief evidences to prove that America is governed by women; the great increase of restrictive laws in this country as well as the great increase in general legislation in the last years. Prohibition, among other things, Count Keyserling cites as proof that America is in reality "a matriarche."

"I think that in the Latin countries the effort of women's indirect rule is to improve culture, and to raise the estate of the arts. Culture is accumulative," the Count remarked, "and women are an accumulative lot. Men, on the other hand, are restless, and inclined to discard what they have used for a time, and when there is such constant replacement there cannot be culture in the real sense."

The Count explained that when he said that women ruled in America he did not mean that their direct dominance was apparent on the surface. Their dominance, he explained, was a matter of indirection. For America more than in any European country today, they have succeeded in tempering and charging man's minds and the normal masculine outlook on the world. He believed that the great need of America is "the emancipation of men, rather than the emancipation of women."

Questioned about the Soviet rule in Russia, the European philosopher answered that the Bolshevist regime had come to stay. "Most revolutions are mere retrogressions. There is nothing new under the sun." Explaining this remark he said that for every thing that seems new, startling, and modern today, conditions almost exactly analagous can be discovered by searching back far enough through history.

"It is claimed that Bolshevism is a new creed, a new method," Count Keyserling said, "but it is not. Communism as understood in Russia is merely collectivism and the Russians are by nature a collective people. I mean they are just the opposite from individualists."