H. A. A. STARTS TWO NEW INTERCOLLEGIATE RACES

Cross Country Contests to be on November 2-Eight College Have Already Entered Contest

Plan are being completed for two open intercollegiate crosscountry runs to be held under the auspices of the H. A. A. on November 2 and 3, it was announced yesterday by R. E. Dame '30, crosscountry manager.

The first of these is open to men who have not represented their respective colleges in the various sectional championships, and is made possible through the gift of a trophy by Dennis F O'Connell Jr. '21, former Harvard track captain. There is no limit to the number of entries from any college.

Invitations have been sent through New England, and the following colleges have already accepted: Connecticut Aggies, Wesleyan, Northeastern, Springfield. University of New Hampshire, Tufts, Holy Cross, and the University of Maine.

The second open event is the annual interscholastic crosscountry run over the two and one half mile course on Soldiers Field which this year will come November 3.

Two prizes will be awarded, one for the preparatory school with the lowest scoring, and another for the high school with the lowest scoring.