CRIMSON RIDERS DOWN DANVERS CLUB 16 TO 10

GERRY AND CLARK RUN UP HIGH SCORED FOR HARVARD

Playing its first game on the new field at Soldiers Field the University Polo team defeated the Danvers Polo Club by a score of 16 to 10, in an informal encounter yesterday afternoon.

The quartet, with four of last year's Freshmen in the regular lineup showed exceptionally good form in downing the Danvers riders. The sixteen goals were made possible by team work which was remarkably brilliant at times.

E. C. T. Gerry '31 was the individual star and high scorer of the game with 9 goals. B. O. Clark '31, who players with Gerry on last year's Freshman outfit also showed remarkable promise. Playing for Danvers four, A. Mason also contributed many brilliant shots, and totalled 3 goals for his team.

Team Shows Great Power

This game, although informal, should give a clear indication of the teams power. Last year the University and Freshman teams defeated Danvers 9 to 3, each Harvard team playing two periods. The Freshman team defeated the University team 6 to 5 last year, and all the regulars on the class of 1931 aggregation are out for Polo this year.

In past years the polo team has been forced to journey to Dedham, Myopia, or Forbes field to practice and for all games.

Several of the team members keep their own mounts at Soldiers Field, e C. T. Gerry '31 having three ex-international ponies in his string.

The lineup for the game is as follows: HARVARD  DANVERS (No.1) E. K. Jenkins '31  Millican John Iselin '29  A. Mason H. I. Nicholas '31 (No.2) G. O. Clark  L. A. Shaw '30 (No.3) K. C. T. Gerry '31  A. Mason Jr. (No.4) Thomas Glynn '29  Samuel Hopkins J. P. Cotton '29

The summary follows: goals, Harvard, Gerry 9, Iseliu 1. Jenkins 2, Clark 3, Nicholas 1: Danvers, Millican 2, A. Mason 2, a. Mason Jr. 3, Hopkins 3, Time, six six-minute periods, Referee. Capt. F. D. Sharp.