BROWN-HARVARD

The Brown Herald's proffer of support for the resumption of football relations between Harvard and Brown comes, fortunately, not late enough to require projection into a season more distant than 1929. The University's schedule still contains one or two open dates, necessarily in the early autumn; and the possibility of inviting the Providence team to fill one of them still exists.

The rotating schedule, firmly approved by the athletic administration, has already done its work so far as Brown is concerned by the absence of the Brown game in 1928. There would be no cry of intersectionalism to answer in a decision to revive the relations of these two New England football teams. There would be no protest of overemphasis, for the game could not be one pointed to throughout the season. The danger of creating a fixture has already been settled by breaking this year the long consecutive meetings of the two universities.

The CRIMSON agrees with the Herald in regretting the break and in favoring the resumption, even if temporary, of Harvard-Brown games. The sentiment at Providence is evidently not hostile either to Harvard or to such a revival of relations, although the first might not be an unnatural reaction. fortunately Brown and Harvard have been associated too long to accept the common misinterpretation of matters as the result of ill-feeling; though this mutual regard exists today between the two universities, failure to take advantage of it might too easily lead to an actual break in place of the present artificial one. A game with Brown in 1929 would cement this friendship to a still stronger point.