"FIESTA" IS SELECTED FOR FALL PRODUCTION

WILL BE REPEATED TWICE IN BRATTLE HALL

"Fiesta", a three-act comedy based on one of the more recent Mexican revolutions, has been selected for the fall production of the Dramatic Club.

The play was written by Michael Gold, well-known modern writer and has never been produced. Its premiere performance will be on December 12, the opening night of the Dramatic Club production, in Brattle Hall. On December 13 and 14 it will be repeated in Brattle Hall, and on December 15 repeated in John Hancock Hall, Boston.

A Late Nineteenth Century Setting

"Fiesta" centers about the exciting revolution against Diaz in the latter part of the last century, and is colored with romance. Class rivalry between peons and old aristocrats and the three-cornered political antagonism among mestizos, creoles, and peninsulars, or half-breeds, native whites, and old Spaniards, furnish the historical background of a fast-moving plot.

Although the characters are inevitably caught up in revolutionary politics, they show the typical Mexican indifference to all but the present, and live and love equally well in victory and defeat.

Trials of candidates for parts in the play will be held this week. New candidates may sign up in the blue-book in Leavitt and Peirce's for try-outs at hours there announced. The cast will be picked next week.