NEW SCHOLARSHIPS OF $3900 ARE ESTABLISHED

PECUNIARY ASSISTANCE WILL BE MORE AVAILABLE

New scholarships totalling $3900 in income have been established at Harvard, it was announced yesterday by University officials.

The Robert Wheeler Willson scholarship has been founded in memory of Professor R.W. Willson for an undergraduate student concentrating in astronomy and carries a stipend of $250. The Coolidge fellowship, carrying a stipend of $1500, is open to a student of history in the Graduate School of Arts and Science. The Wales scholarship, establishment by Mr. and Mrs. Henry Wales, offers $400 to assist meritorious students who may need pecuniary aid, in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.

The remaining scholarships are open to all students in the University and are as follows: The Frederick E. Parlin scholarships of $1250, established under the will of A. N. Parlin for poor and deserving students in any department of the University, preferably natives of Malden or Everett; the Alan Hudson scholarship of $250, available first to descendants of Alan Bedford Hudson, second to deserving students of Hudson or Baxendale, and third to students from Brockton or Bourne; the Baxendale scholarship of $250, which is available to deserving students under the same conditions and in the same preference as the Alan Hudson scholarship.