DO YOU BELIEVE IN FAIRIES?

The rapid fire barrage of mythical football teams at present being laid down by the daily press has discouraged many a peaceful breakfast hour. Digestion is impossible for many who feel intensely on subjects athletic, when they find that obvious super-tackles are not even mentioned by the eclectics who pick the all-so-and-so elevens.

It certainly seems that the preposterous number of existing "all"-teams should provide a berth for even the most distant possibility, but nothing short of an eleven picked from all those teams which played in the Stadium this fall clad in Crimson jerseys would seem to satisfy a number of voluble critics. And such a team does not seem very far off unless the newspapers can get professional hockey started by the week before instead of the week after the close of the football season.

The numerous offspring from the original All-American teams make great food for the linotype and serve many a luncheon club with heated discussion topics but it won't be long before the whole business is at a standstill. The rapid generation of new and less inclusive teams to satisfy the longings of those who wish to see their favorite on some battalion of honor needs but a season or two to produce the irreducible minimum. When the all eastern eleven becomes divided into an all Hanover team, an all Cambridge team, an all New Haven team, and so on down even to an all New Jersey team, the cravings of the boys who love to fool themselves will be filled; and happily to relate everyone will be just where they were before the sporting public replaced a belief in Santa Claus with a serious minded acceptance of the infallibility of sportswriters.