DUAL MEET AT ANN ARBOR TONIGHT RECALLS MICHIGAN HEAD'S FAME AS CRIMSON ATHLETE

CLARENCE COOK LITTLE '10

One of the most interesting high-lights in connection with the dual track meet between the Crimson and Wolverine teams at Ann Arbor tonight will be the greeting to the Middle West extended by Dr. Clarence C. Little '10, president of the University of Michigan, to Coach E. L. Farrell and his charges.

President Little is one of the greatest of the University's track athletes. Winning his letter in 1908, 1909, and 1910, captaining the team in the latter year, he proved his versatility in both the shot put and the broad jump. One of his most spectacular triumphs was in the thirty-fourth I. C. A. A. A. A. meet held in the Stadium in 1909 when he had to heave the shot 46 feet 6 1-4 inches to defeat W. F. Krueger of Swarthmore and J. J. Horner of Michigan. Horner who finished third is himself one of the spectacular weight men of Michigan track history. He later established I. C. A. A. A. A. records in the shot put event. Now, as head of Horner's great alma mater, President Little is tonight welcoming to the West his own University track team on which he starred during his college career.

While they have not met in a duel track meet before, Michigan and Harvard have clashed in other sports. Back on October 31, 1881, a Michigan football team visited Cambridge and lost by a single touchdown. November 9, 1885, the University beat Michigan again 4 to 0. And in 1914 the Crimson again triumphed 7 to 0. In baseball the two met in 1892, 1894, and 1901, the University winning in each case, 4 to 2, 7 to 5, and 5 to 4 respectively.

Tonight's dual track meet initiates a renewal of Michigan relations which extends to baseball this spring and football games in 1929 and 1930.