GOLFERS HEAR CALL FOR CANDIDATES ON APRIL 5

SERIES OF TRIALS WILL CHOOSE TEAM MEMBERS

The University Golf team will be called out on April 5, it was announced last night by the Harvard Athletic Association. At the same time the schedule for the 1928 season was given out.

On Thursday, April 5 two days before vacation all candidates for the University team will meet at the Belmont Spring Country Club. The plan of having golf aspirants called out immediately before vacation is to acquaint Captain J. A. Hutchinson '28 with the number of candidates and to encourage the aspirants to practice during the vacation.

There are several promising members of last year's squad returning. These include Captain Hutchinson's brother J. W. Hutchinson '30, Joseph Morrill '28, O. L. Winston '30, and J. W. Filoon '29. The Harvard team is in the same predicament as that of the Yale team, being hard hit by graduation. After vacation practice matches will be held for two weeks before an outside game is to be played.

This year a new system will be inaugurated. Instead of having one trial 72 hole match, from the results of which a team will be chosen, there will be played a series of matches.

The spring schedule is as follows: April 30, M. I. T. at Albemarle; May 2, Union College; May 5, Williams at Williamstown; May 8, Boston University at Woodland; May 12, Georgetown at Apawamis; May 16, Holy Cross at Worcester; May 19, Dartmouth at Charles River; May 23, Brown at Rhode Island Country Club; May 30, Yale at Rhode Island Country Club; June 26 and 27, intercollegiate at Apawamis.

The annual Memorial Day match with Yale at the Rhode Island Country Club, Nayatt, R. I., will be composed of a single match and a four ball match.