H.D.C. PICKS ACTORS FOR ITS SPRING PRODUCTION

TO MISSES SANGER AND CRANDON GO FEMININE ROLES

The leading male parts in "Hassan," the spring production of the Harvard Dramatic Club, will be taken by G. W. Harrington '30, K. A. Perry '28, and Charles Leatherbee '29, according to an announcement made last night. Important roles are assigned to B. D. Hanighen '30, F. B. Thurber '30, R. H. Jones '30, and H. G. Myers '30. The female parts are taken by Miss Doris Sanger and Miss Mary Crandon.

Harrington, who will play the title role of Hassan the confectioner, is vice-president of the Dramatic Club. He has had parts in "The Orange Comedy" by Gilbert Seldes '14, produced in the fall of 1926, and in the modern version of the "Taming of the Shrew" which was staged last spring. In "The Chisholm Trail" last fall he made a hit in the character of Tom Stevens, the excitable ranchman who furnished the principal comedy relief.

Perry will play the part of Haroun-al-Raschid, the Caliph. Perry is a former president of the Dramatic Club, and has played in nearly every production for the past four years.

Leatherbee has the part of the romantic Rafi, King of the Beggars, whose extraordinary career furnishes the main theme of the play. Leatherbee is president of the Dramatic Club, and has been in several of its productions as well as in plays presented by other organizations of Greater Boston.

Hanighen, cast as Selint, the traitorous friend of Hassan, is the musical director for "Hassan." Thurber takes the role of Ishak, the Caliph's poet attendant. The part of Jafar, the Caliph's Vizier, will be played by Jones, who has performed in previous shows of the Dramatic Club and in several amateur productions including "Turandot." Myers, taking the part of Masrur, an attendant of the Caliph, has also been in other Dramatic Club shows.

The feminine roles have been allotted to Miss Sanger and Miss Crandon, both of whom are well known in amateur dramatic circles in Boston.