Pianola Rolls, Lampoons, Ten Dollar Bill, Telephone Directory, New Suit-All Taken in P. B. H. Clothes Drive

A new record for Phillips Brooks House old clothes drives was hung up last week when the students of the University, stripping their wardrobes of many choice bits of raiment, donated a total of 1468 articles. As in past years ties were well in the van throughout the whole drive, finishing with a total number of 375 while shirts, their nearest rivals, could do no better than 176. Socks, collars, underwear, and shoes were strung out behind the leaders in that order with all the other common articles of clothing bringing up the rear.

Among the other things which were discovered when the total came to be reckoned up were 29 victrola records, five pianola rolls, one telephone directory, one radio lond speaker, and one ton of magazines, mostly Saturday Evening Posts and Lampoons.

A ten dollar bill was discovered tucked away in the pocket of an old tuxedo, and though those in charge have been striving tirelessly to discover the owner and have found any number of candidates, they can find no one able to identify the bill definitely. A brand new suit was unearthed from the pile, but before it could be spirited away by an aspiring colector, a student, showing sings of much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair, burst into the building and carried off the garment in triumph.

The clothes which were collected last week will be distributed among needy students of the University who present themselves at the Phillips Brooks House before next Wednesday. Thereafter the clothes will be sent to settlement houses and charities in Cambridge and Boston.

Starting next Wednesday a room in in each dormitory will be kept open where any old clothes will be received right up until the end of the season.