CRIMSON STICKMEN LOSE CLOSE TILT TO SYRACUSE

MARKWETT GUARDS PAINTER UNTIL INJURY PREVENTS

Displaying by far its best form of the season, the University lacrosse team led the powerful Syracuse stickmen 1 to 0 throughout the first half of yesterday's game on Soldiers Field and succumbed in the last period only after putting up a staunch resistance. The final score of 3 to 2 indicates the closeness of the play throughout.

Painter, star of the Orange aggregation and considered last year as one of the best players in New York State, was carefully guarded in the first half by Ira Markwett '28, so that he was unable to score. Markwett, however, was hurt in making a body check towards the end of the first period, and Painter broke loose in the second half to score one goal and aid his teammates in chalking up the other two.

The summary: SYRACUSE  HARVARD Barclay, g.  g., Ellison O'Hara, p.  p., Hartnett Harrington, c.p.  c.p., Pickard Kahn, ld.  ld., Markwett, Hatch Southard, 2d.  2d., Park Tarbox, 3d.  3d., MulliRen Bizik, c.  c., McQuaid Hughes, 3a.  3a., Lane 2a., Baker  2a., Glenn 1a., Painter  1a., Dreier o.h., Longley o.h., Murphy,  Danielson i.h., Livingston, Shell  i.h., Wallace

Score--Syracuse 3, Harvard 2. Goals Painter, Hughes, Shell, Wallace, Danielson, Referee--Chidsey. Time Two 30-minute periods.