Pennsylvania Is Host to University Baseball and Crew Contingents in Contests Before Many Graduates Today

Sailors Looked to as Harvard's Strongest Competitor

This afternoon on the Schuylkill River, the undefeated first-string Crimson oarsmen stroked by Captain John Watts '28, will face the Navy and Pennsylvania eight in a race, the results of which will have an important bearing on the Olympic status of all Eastern college crews.

In the Philadelphia regatta, Coach E. J. Brown '96 will have two entries, the University and Jayvee boats, both of them untested hitherto off the Charles River Basin. The strongest opponents of the University in both events will be the high-Stroking Navy Combinations, which have scored early season triumphs over M. I. T. with about the same margin to spare as that shown by the Harvard crews in their victories over the Engineers.

The distance for the race is expected to be either the Henley or a mile and a half according to the decision of the respective coaches.

The 150-pound crew will also appear in action this afternoon on the Thomas in Connecticut to compete for the light weight supremacy against Princeton and Yale.

The boatings for the two University crews on the Schuylkill will be as follows:

University Crew Stroke, Captain Watts: 7, Guy Murchie '29; 6, F. A. Clark '29; 5, W. G. Saltonstall '28; T, C. McK. Norton '29: 3, W. T. Emmet '29; 2, A. A. Campbell '30; bow, L. W. Dickey '30: cox., C. H. Pforgheimer '28.

Second University Crew--Stroke, James Lawrence '29; 7, Allerton Cushman '29; 6. R. J. Harrison '29: 5. J. DeW. Hubard '29: 4. D. S. Greer '29: 3, M. R. Brownell '30: 2, D. S. M. Lanier '28: bow. A. T. Gray '30: cox., R. W. Herr '28.