CREWS HAVE TECHNICAL DRILL AFTER TIME TEST

NOTRE DAME DIAMOND MEN VISIT AT TRAINING QUARTERS

Red Top, Conn., June 13. With the arrival of the Freshman and Combination crews, at the training camp at 2.40 o'clock this afternoon, the Harvard rowing contingent for the Yale races was at last completed.

The arriving oarsmen were not spared from practice because of their train journey but were sent out on the Thames together for a mile and a half limbering up jaunt downstream.

In the morning workout for Coach E. J. Brown's two University eights, fair weather conditions were encountered but the pull was kept down to a two mile distance because of yesterday's strenuous time tests. The boats negotiated the downward journey in half mile stretches but returned without a stop after turning at the two mile buoy. The stroke was kept low.

Go Downstream Second Time

The second start of the day found the two Crimson eights heading down the Thames with the wind and tide. Rowing in short stretches at the order of Coach Brown, the oarsmen drilled for some time on raising and lowering the stroke smoothly. Other faults revealed in the time trial were worked upon until the three mile mark was reached. At this point the shells came about and paddled at a moderate beat the return distance to the boathouse.

The training camp was favored with a visit of the Notre Dame baseball squad today. The South Bend diamond stars, fresh from their massacre of the Crimson in Cambridge, were in New London to play the Knights of Columbus team, and after their game journeyed here to inspect the crew quarters. They were shown around the grounds and were taken out in one of the launches to watch the three mile practice of the Harvard crews.

C. S. Heard '25, former University coxswain and at present coach of the 150 pound eights, joined the staff of mentors this afternoon for a brief inspection of the oarsmen in their workout.

The two crews that arrived today rowed on the Thames as follows:

Combination Stroke, J. F. Lawrence '31; 7, D. R. Kroell '29; 6, E. L. Millard '31; 5, C. N. Comstock '30; 4, Rogers Donaldson '30; 3, Lawrence Grinnell '31; 2, Edward Hamlen, Jr. '29; bow, J. S. Wintringham '30, cox., Richard Kimball '31.

Freshman Stroke, S. W. Swaim '31; 7, A. N. Webster '31; 6, N. F. Parkinson '31; 5, A. B. Rood '31; 4, E. F. Whitman '31, 3, Frederic Ayer '31; 2, P. H. Watts '31; bow, R. I. McKesson '31; cox, E. L. Belisle '31.