NEW COURSES ANNOUNCED FOR SECOND HALF YEAR

VON STAEL HOLSTEIN TO GIVE COURSE IN CHINESE

The following new courses have been announced by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, for undergraduates:

Comparative Literature 37, dealing with the European novel from Balsac, is to be given by Professor D. J. Campbell of the University of Michigan. It includes a study of some of the important developments in the prose fiction of England and the Continent from the time of Balsac up to the present day.

Economics 6b, dealing with labor legislation and social insurance is to be given by Professor C. E. Persons of Boston University. It includes an introductory discussion of the historical legislation in England and the United States; the development of labor codes; governmental intervention in strikes; minimum wage legislation; the general problem of social insurance; European and American investigation and legislation relating to workmen's compensation; sickness and unemployment insurance; and old age pensions.

Chinese 23, an introduction to the Tibetan language, is to be given by Professor von Stael-Holstein of Yenching University.

Chinese 24, an introduction to the study of Chinese History, will be given by Professor Hung of Yenching University.

Comparative Literature 36, consisting of a study of European Comedy, will by given by Professor D. J. Campbell of the University of Michigan. This course deals with the distinctive methods of comparative literature as they are applied to the study of the principal movements in modern European comedy from its inception in Italy during the fifteenth century until the present day.

Th following courses will be omitted, during the second half year, according to the announcement:

Fine Arts 5n, a history of French Painting since 1790 and History 47, a study of the diplomatic problems in the Far East since 1842.