DRAMATIC CLUB SPONSORS UNION FILM SHOWINGS

Various Cinema Productions of Last Few Years Shown-Competitions of Dramatic Club Open

Through the cooperation of Harvard Film Foundation, and under the auspices of the Dramatic Club, the Harvard Union will open a series of movies tomorrow night with the presentation of "The Black Pirate", starring Douglas Fairbanks. The show will be open to members of the Union only, at 7 o'clock, contrary to the announcement posted, in the main Living Room.

There will be two opportunities for candidates to sign up for the Dramatic Club's fall competition i all departments. The first will be immediately after the show tomorrow night, and the second will be Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock at the Dramatic Club.

Post Donates Movies

The arrangement to show the pictures has been made through the great kindness of C. R. Post, professor of Greek and Fine Arts, who has been assembling a special collection of movies gathered for the last few years for the significance of the art exhibited in them. The pictures to be shown are mostly ones made in the period before 1926, just before the beginning of the advent of talkies, at which time the silent drama had reached a high point from an artistic point of view. At the present time Professor Post is adding certain of the talkies of his collections, if they are exceptionally good.

Speakers Explain Experiment

Before the commencement of the exhibition, the Dramatic Club is arranging for a special speaker, who will outline the plan, and tell something of the way is which it is being done.

Among the other movies to be presented in the future are "Beau Geste," with Ronald Colman, "The Strong Man," with Harry Langdon, "The General," with Buster Keaton, and "The Birth of a Nation." These shows will be given about once a month, in the Living Room of the Union.