DORMITORY HEADS WILL BE APPOINTED THIS WEEK

FUND IS COLLECTED FOR COMMON ROOM IMPROVEMENT

Dormitory committees in each of the Freshman Halls will be appointed this week, according to S. L. Batchelder '31, Chairman of the Undergraduate Committee in Charge of Freshman Affairs.

The head proctors in each dormitory will select men for the committees, one from each entry of every dormitory, and appoint the president and treasurer of each hall from the committee's members.

These Freshmen will be members of the Freshman Executive Committee, who, together with the Undergraduate Committee in Charge of Freshman Affairs, will appoint the Editor-in-Chief and the Chairmen of the 1933 Red Book later this year.

After the committees have been selected, the members will meet with proctors of the dormitories periodically to discuss problems and questions for the improvement of the halls. Besides attending to such matters as procuring ping-pong tables, victrolas, or radios, the members of the committee will collect money from each man in the dormitory as a fund with which to arrange for dormitory smokers, and provide magazines for the common rooms.