CERCLE FRANCAIS WILL GIVE PLAY IN DECEMBER

NEW TALENT IS DISCOVERED IN FALL COMPETITIONS

With Professors Louis Allard and Andre Morize reading prospective plays for production by the Cercle Francais, and competitions gaining impetus every day, this dramatic organization promises an early performance. W. B. Cowan, Jr. '29, former president and active member of the Cercle is to direct this winter's production.

Some of the old talent in the group was lost at graduation last year, but the prospects of new men from the fall competitions lead the officers to expect a show which will in every respect equal former ones.

The first week of December will see the Cercle play in Boston, at some theatre which has not yet been chosen. There is some comment at present concerning the relative value of a modern or a classic vehicle for the club, but a decision will be made shortly.

Bostonians Eager

The Cercle Francais has always been well supported by Bostonians, but this year interest has been particularly keen, and many requests have been received from Boston people that they be listed as patrons and patronesses.

W. D. Carter '31, president, is as yet on leave of absence studying in Russia but production of the play will go on despite his absence.

The officers of the Cercle are: president, W. D. Carter '31; vice-president, John Fiske '31; secretary-treasurer, F. G. Shaw, Jr. '31; and business manager, G. R. Holden '31.