RAPPROCHEMENT

The meeting of the wrestling officials and coaches of the colleges of the greater Boston area today gives further expression to a policy which the University has been following in regard to many of the winter term sports. In the interests of general argreement and the prevention of misunderstandings, Harvard has arranged conferences and demonstrations which have been of great advantage in working out a standardized set of rules and regulations for hockey, basketball, and now, wrestling.

It is evident that the policy that makes such conferences possible through invitations to all the parties concerned performs a necessary service toward the smooth functioning of athletics in this area. Harvard is in peculiarly advantageous position for performing such a service because of its larger equipment and its long-standing athletic prestige. In pursuing the present policy, the H. A. A. has recognized both its obligations and its potentialities toward effecting athletic concord in greater Boston.

In the past the general feeling that Harvard has turned away from the Boston colleges athletically has not lacked foundation. Together with the more frequent appearance of the colleges over the river in the lists of Harvard's opponents lately, the conferences are significant of a somewhat closer understanding in the realm of sports between the University and its neighbor institutions.