SYRACUSE SYSTEM WILL BENEFIT LACROSSE TEAM

WILL MAKE TRIPS TO DARTMOUTH AND YALE ALSO

New and unexpected opportunities will favor the lacrosse team in its preparation for the spring season, according to Coach Madison Sayles '27.

Chief among these will be the advantage of spending a week at Syracuse, N. Y. under the general tutelage of L. D. Cox, Syracuse coach, and one of the country's leading exponents of the sport.

The squad will take the trip during the spring vacation, and for the entire week will devote themselves to the instruction of Coach Cox with daily scrimmages against the Syracuse players.

For the first time in the history of minor sports the lacrosse team will hold a training table with a prescribed diet designed to provide for the particular demands of the sport.

Both University and Freshman squads have been augmented by the presence of football men who have turned to the running game for their spring training. Among the veterans returning to this year's team are Captain H. M. Hartnett '30, F. A. Pickard '29, L. M. Shapiro '29, while R. E. Barrett '29, G. L. Lewis '30, and F. R. G. Giddens '30 are also on the squad.

In addition to the Syracuse trip, the team will also journey to Hanover and New Haven to engage the Big Green and Eli aggregations.

Practicing daily in the new cage, the University players are working hand in glove with the Freshman squad under the guidance of J. H. Lane '27. With a, schedule including the Brown. Springfield and Yale Freshman, and the B. U. and M. I. T. senior combinations, the season is well filled with strong competition.

Few Freshmen have ever seen experience in the sport, but in the hands of the University and Freshman coaches are fast becoming a working unit. An exception to the general rule is found in the person of S. W. Keek '32, whose exceptional ability and experience as a schoolboy was last year recognized by a trophy presented by Coach Cox of the Syracuse team.

Among the football players from the fall Freshman team are Murdock Finlayson '32, F. J. Gilligan '32, and H. M. Myerson '32.