FUND STATISTICS REVEAL SUBSTANTIAL INCREASE

LAST YEAR'S SENIOR CLASS LOW IN CONTRIBUTORS

Statistics on the Harvard Fund for 1928 published yesterday by the Harvard Fund Council reveal an increase of 807 contributors and $32,077 contributed, over the figures for the previous year. In 1927, 4,832 alumni contributed $152,285, while last year $184,362 was received from 5,639 contributors.

The fund, which started in 1926, has grown steadily since, and the fourth annual appeal for contributions is being made this week.

Futher study of the survey reveals that while in 1927 the graduating class furnished more contributors to the fund than any other class, the Seniors last year ranked only seventh in the list, which was headed by the Class of 1903 with 465 contributors. The Class of 1927 again ranked high taking second place this time, while 1900 was third, 1904 fourth, 1908 fifth, and 1906 sixth.

In percentage of contributors, the older classes naturally rank highest. In 1927, the class of 1885 was first on this list with 58 per cent of its members donating to the fund. Second place was taken by 1874, which was second as well in 1928. Eighteen seventy-seven with 41.4 per cent of contributing members stood third. First place in 1928 was won by 1903, and 1885 again scored high, securing third position in the list.

The table shows that while the number of contributors from each class varies greatly each year; there is but a slight change in per cent of donors.