POLO TRIO LOSES FINALS OF CLASS A COMPETITION

GERRY LEADS SCORING AS CLARK SHINES ON DEFENSE

Harvard's polo trio, recently crowned intercollegiate champions, were on the verge of capturing a second title last Wednesday night but a bad second period in their game with the Optimists, the final in the class A tournament, cost them the game, by a score of 12 1-2 to 9, and the championship. The team had advanced to the final round by defeating the Squadron A team the previous Saturday by a score of 14 1-2 to 6 1-2.

In the game with the Optimists. Harvard was given a two goal handicap and when E. T. Gerry '31 allied twice in the opening minutes it looked us if the Crimson team would capture the game easily. But Winston Gust, international star, led and Optimist change which Harvard was held scoreless, practically clinched the game. Captain F. A. Clark '29 led a Harvard rally in the final period but the Optimist lead was too large to overcome.

Gerry led the Harvard scoring with five goals while Clark was conspicuous in both offensive and defensive play. OPTIMISTS  HARVARD R. Guest, No. 1  No. 1. Glynn W. Guest. No. 2  No. 2. Gerry lglehart. No. 3  No. 3. Clark

Score-Optimists 12 12. Harvard 9. Goals-Harvard, handicap 2. Gerry 5. Clark, Glynn: Optimists, W. Guest 9, R. Guest 2. Iglehart, Pony. Foul-Inglehart. Referee-Major J. W. Rafferty. Time-7 1-2 minute chukkers.

In the semi-final tilt with Squadron A. Harvard had the upper hand throughout and practically turned the game into a rout in the final two chukkers. Gerry also led the scoring in this game with eight goals, Which T. B. Glynn ocC scored four. Captain Clark besides counting three times played sensationally on the defense.