BOXING FINALS SLATED AT HEMENWAY TONIGHT

TWO PRESENT CHAMPIONS WILL COMPETE AGAIN

Two present champions, as well as the victors from the preliminaries last Monday, will don gloves tonight at 8 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium in the final ten bouts of the University boxing tournament. The winners gain the Harvard titles for the year, and will be awarded intramural medals for their attainments.

J. T. Mooney '31, in the 115-pound class, and G. N. Burns '30, 145-pounder, are strongly favored to repeat their triumphs of a year ago, although Burns is expected to meet stiff opposition from W. P. Wadsworth '29.

If the work of the 135-pounders in Monday's trials is to be taken as typical of their ability, this class should see the fastest bouts of the evening. J. W. Fellows '30 has displayed more aggressiveness than any of the contestants so far; Paul Johnston '30 gave a fine exhibition of boxing; and G. H. Nawn '32, after trailing for the first round on Monday, rallied strongly to come through with a victory. Since there are to be two bouts in this class, the winners will have to meet in their second fight of the evening.

The only other division in which this is necessitated is the 160-pound class. W. A. Robinson '31 and I. H. Light 2L are favored to capture their matches on the strength of Monday's showing; their clash in the finals is counted upon by their followers as the feature of the tournament.

The program will be as follows:

115-pound class: Crispin Cooke '32 vs. Mooney.

125-pound class: G. M. Gaetan '32 vs. W. M. Leaf 2G.

135-pound class: A. J. Downey '31 vs. Fellows; Johnston vs. Nawn.

145-pound class: Burns vs. Wadsworth.

160-pound class: Robinson vs. R. A. Thomas '31; R. M. Hetterly '31 vs. Light.

Unlimited class: Elmer Meyer GS vs. K D Robinson Jr. '30.