P. H. HARRIS ANNOUNCED 1929-30 ROGERS FELLOW

REFUSES DUSE FELLOWSHIP TO ACCEPT NEW AWARD

Paul Hyland Harris '28, of Titusville, Pennsylvania, was yesterday announced as the 1929-30 holder of the Rogers Fellowship for travel and research in Europe. Harris' special subject will be "The life and works of Machiavelli, and special topics in the political and social history of Florence during his lifetime." He will make Florence and Rome the headquarters for his research.

Harris graduated from Harvard last June, receiving a degree magna cum laude in the Division of Romance Languages. He is now a student in the Graduate School, and will receive the M.A. degree this month.

Last winter he was appointed the Eleonora Duse fellow by the Italy-America Society of New York, which awarded him funds for a year of research work in Rome. He resigned this fellowship upon learning of his appointment as the Rogers Fellow.

Harris won several prizes as an undergraduate, among them being the Scholar Prize and the Union prize in 1928. This year he was awarded the Dante prize out of a large field of competitors.

He will sail for Italy directly after he concludes his course of study in the University this year, and will be abroad approximately eleven months.