PRESIDENT LOWELL TO GIVE SERMON TOMORROW

SENIOR SPREAD AND PHI BETA KAPPA MEETS MONDAY

The Baccalaureate Service to be held at 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon in Appleton Chapel is the opening event in Harvard's 293d Commencement Week. President Lowell will deliver the Baccalaureate Sermon, and will be assisted in the Service by Professor Edward Caldwell Moore, Plummer Professor of Christian Morals.

The Service is open to guests and friends of the University, but the Senior Class will be expected to attend as the principal participants and the Class Hymn will be sung for the first time. Edward Fuller Fitzhugh Jr., of Boise, Idaho, was announced as the author of the Hymn, which is set to the tune of Albany, or Ancient of Days, as it is usually called.

Two Events Monday

For Monday two events are scheduled, the meeting of the Harvard Chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa Society in the morning and the Senior Spread and Dance in Memorial Hall beginning at 9 o'clock in the evening.

A business meeting of the Phi Beta Kappa Society will be held before the literary exercises, and then at 11.30 o'clock in Sanders Theatre the oration and ode will be delivered. Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt '04 of New York is the orator and Assistant Professor Robert S. Hillyer '17 of Harvard University is the poet. Dr. W. S. Thayer '85 of Baltimore will preside.

After several years during which the Phi Beta Kappa Society's annual meeting was held on Friday morning of Commencement Week it was decided to return it to Monday for the sake of those attending the Boat Races. The meeting on Monday is open to the public, but tickets must be secured through the Secretary of the Society.