RHODE ISLAND NINE ENGAGES CRIMSON THIS AFTERNOON

Five Veterans of Last Year Remain in Lineup--Game Will be Called at Three O'clock

The University diamond dusters are scheduled to take on the Rhode Island State Aggregation at 3 o'clock this afternoon on Soldiers Field.

Coach Mitchell has once again revised his batting order so that it now reads as it did for most of the earlier season encounters. B. H. Bassett '31, diminutive Sophomore, will resume his centre field and lead-off position while J. D. Dudley '31 will replace S. L. Batchelder '31 behind the bat. Dudley's work during the contests earlier in the spring was of high calibre, giving him a batting average of .280, the fifth best on the team, and the reasons for Coach Mitchell's benching him for so long are a mystery. His return should materially bolster up the nine's offensive power, while Bassett seems due to emerge from his mid-season batting slump.

Either Howard Whitmore '29 or W. H. MacHale '31, the most consistent hurlers on the squad, will bear the burden of mound duties this afternoon.

The visiting team, while representative of a comparatively small institution, has compiled a good record against all sorts of opposition and should stand an excellent chance of upsetting the Crimson today. The 1928 Rhode Island outfit turned the trick last spring when they bunched their safeties off Whitmore to win by a 4 to 3 count. Their lineup today includes five veterans of that team. Either Scott or Acroyd who have been doing most of the hurling for the invaders all season. Will be on the mound this afternoon.