B. U. FALLS BEFORE HARVARD BARRAGE

Scores Twice Himself and Aids Vastly Improved Forward Line -- Freshmen Lose to Exeter, 3 to 1

Superior teamplay by the Crimson forward lines in the opening period, together with a consistantly hard checking defense, resulted in the submerging of the Boston University sextet under a 6 to 1 score at the Boston Garden last evening. Two other potential Crimson goals, scored as the referee was blowing his whistle to inflict a penalty, were disallowed.

W. B. Wood '32 was the outstanding player for the University team, scoring twice unassisted, and contributing a brilliant offensive game throughout the contest. The work of the first string forward line consisting of F. R. Stubbs Jr. '32, E. T. Putnam ocC., and J. B. Garrison '31 was the best this season, and would probably have resulted in an even more onesided score, had not the latter been forced out of the game with a slight injury to his leg in the closing minutes of the opening stanza. Lombard and Currier played well for the losers, the latter contributing the Terrier's sole tally.

The game opened with the Crimson forwards taking the play into the opponent's territory and resulted in the Terrier goalie being deluged with shots. With the period but three minutes old. Baron, right wing for the Boston University team, in attempting to clear from in front of the net, accidently slipped the puck by Grodberg for the first score for the Crimson. Shortly after this, Berholtz was put off the ice for tripping, and the Terriers found themselves unable to stave off the bitter onslaught of the Harvard forwards, and two goals were scored on them in rapid succession.

Throughout the second period the teamplay was ragged with the Crimson forward line showing the effects of Garrison's absence. Wood's individual stickwork, however, shone out over the rough slapstick attempts of both sides.

The third stanza was for the most part slow and uninteresting, with both teams carrying the puck the length of the ice several times, only to lose it to the opposing defense. With the period slightly more than half over, Wood tallied his second goal to give the Crimson its final score.

The summary: HARVARD  B.U. Putnam, Cross, l.w.  r.w., Baron, Whitmore Garrison, Wood, Martin, Everett, c.  c., Currier, Borofsky, Whitmore Stubbs, Lakin, Frothingham, r.w.  l.w., Lombard, French Harding, l.d.  r.d., Bergholtz, Archer Everett, r.d.  l.d., Elliot, Nelson Ellis, g.  g., Grodberg, Goodale

Score--Harvard 6, Boston University 1: Goals--First period: Baron (3.39), Putnam (9.08), Harding (9.37), Stubbs (18.35). Second Period: Wood (8.40), Currier (13.49). Third period: Wood (7.41). Penalties--Bergholtz (tripping); Elliot (throwing stick); Everett (extra man on ice); Lombard (roughing); Stubbs (roughing); Bergholtz (tripping); Lombard (roughing); Stubbs (roughing); Lombard (tripping). Referees--Smith and Synnott. Time--Three 20-minute periods.