AMBASSADORS OF GOOD WILL

With the announcement of the Rhodes Scholarship candidates the question of the recent reorganization in the selective system is again brought to mind. This year for the first time a student may have his third year at any European University and this year also marks the first time that every state in the union has a chance to send a boy to England.

The merits of this plan are superior to the older method. With every state offering candidates, a competition will be stimulated which will assure a high grade, representative group at Oxford and the choice of any foreign university for the student in his third year makes possible a broader and more cultural education than heretofore.

International peace is a bromidic subject, but in this connection it is wise to remember that international education does much to foster universal accord. Therefore it is vital that America send her best to study at foreign colleges, and that these men be distributed over as many countries as possible. The new Rhodes Scholarship plan should make both these ideals a reality.