DEBATERS PLAN INITIAL MEETING FOR TOMORROW

TEAMS WILL TOUR SOUTH AGAIN THIS YEAR

Candidates for the Harvard debating team will meet tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock in the Faculty Room of the Union, when the first plans for the 1930-31 debating season will be considered.

The university's forensic representatives will be coached again this year by E. M. Rowe 31, who had charge of this work last season as well. At tomorrow's meeting Rowe will outline the plans for the season, which include a number of eastern debates, as well as a Southern trip during the Easter vacation.

Trials for places on the team will be arranged at tomorrow's meeting also, it is announced. P. C. Reardon '32, manager of the team, announces that men who qualify in the forthcoming trials will be eligible for work in the fall and winter series of debates. All members will be enabled to speak in at least one contest, according to Reardon since a rotating system is used in selecting the personnel of each team. In addition, any undergraduate who participates in a fall debate may become a member of the Harvard Debating Council.

Last year the team, on its Southern trip, traveled to Washington, D. C., Atlanta and Jacksonville. At the same time a group went west to debate the prohibition question in Indianapolis, Omaha and Chicago. The combined tour covered a distance greater than any trip taken by any other team of Harvard representatives, with the exception of the occasional Olympic entrants. This year debates will be held with Dartmouth at Hanover, and with other institutions in New York City, Canada and Florida. The annual meeting with Boston College will be given in Symphony Hall.