MICHIGAN LEAVES TODAY

Kipke Picks Lineup in Last Full Length Practice Session

Ann Arbor, Mich., Nov. 5, 1930-Cold weather and a high wind forced the Wolverine Varsity into the Yost Field House today for their last strenuous drill before leaving for the clash with the Crimson at Cambridge Saturday. A combination of drop kicking, punting, line plunging, and defense against Harvard was the order of the day, with Coach Barry Kipke driving his men to the limit in the final regular preparation for the feature event of the season. Tomorrow's activities will consist in a light drill before entraining for the East at 4.45 o'clock.

All of the regulars with the exception of Hewitt, who has a broken ankle, were given a workout, finally culminating in a session with Coach Kipke concentrating on a group of eleven men that look very much like the starting lineup for Saturday. Few changes are evident from the team that faced the Illini two weeks ago. The backfield combination remains the same with Harry Newman at quarter, Jack Wheeler and Captain Simrall at halves, and Sol Hudson at full. This combination worked well yesterday against the Freshman squad that ran through a series of Harvard plays under the direction of Coach Cappon.

Williamson and Hozer worked out at the wing positions, although Daniels and Cox are ready to go in if needed, both having fully recovered from their injuries. Draveling and Auer will fill the tackle berths, and Cornwell and La Jeunesse will take care of the guards. Morrison, who continues at center, has improved his passing to a great extent and is a stellar defense man, backing up the line in a remarkable fashion. At present the Wolverine eleven looks strong on the offense, with a good passing attack led by the sensational Sophomore quarterback, Newman, but the defense is worrying Kipke, who still remembers the havoc played by Barry Wood of the Crimson jerseyed team in the last period of the Harvard-Michigan tilt last year. The Freshmen worked a series of Harvard forward and lateral passes on the Varsity with apparent success today, but toward the end of the drill the regulars succeeded in breaking up this concerted attack