BOSTON SPORTS WRITERS UNANIMOUS IN PICKING WOLVERINES AS TOPHEAVY FAVORITE TO WIN TILT

Boston Traveler

By Henry Mckenna

On comparative showings to date, Michigan's undefeated football team looms as a likely winner over Harvard in today's game in the Stadium. The Wolverines have humbled three Western Conference elevens this season and are tied for top honors with Northwestern, one of the best teams in the country. Purdue, last year's champion, Ohio State and Illinois have fallen before Michigan.

Michigan comes here at the top of its stride, flushed with victory, at full strength and confident of administering a clean-cut setback to the Crimson. The advantage of two weeks rest has enabled many players, who were injured in the Conference games, to fully recuperate for this game for which Michigan has been pointing all season.

Despite the apparent lop-sided outlook there are many who believe that Harvard has the man power, the attack, the defense and the spirit to cope with this Michigan team. Should the Crimson team manage to stave off a Michigan score in the first period and give its backs any aid in their attempts to gain, this same Harvard team which surprised the country by being held to a tie last week, may equally surprise them today.

It appears like a battle of passes. Harvard has a fine passer in Barry Wood but he hasn't approached last season's form. For some reason or other, we can visualize Captain Ticknor's eleven beating Michigan this afternoon in the Stadium, despite the cold fact that Michigan is a 2 to 1 favorite