LOWELL AND DUNSTER TO ENTERTAIN TONIGHT

LEGERDEMAIN, SLEIGHT OF HAND, MAGIC, TRICKS AT LOWELL

After the weekly high table at Lowell house tonight the Harvard Instrumental Clubs are scheduled to give their regular concert program for this year, while the Pierian Sodality of 1808 is to give a string concert in the dining hall of Dunster House after dinner, at about 7.15 o'clock.

The Instrumental Club concert has been planned with a view to variety of interest. The Banjo Club is to play "The Washington Post March", "The Wedding of the Birds", "By the Waters of the Minnetonka", and a medley of football songs. The Mandolin Club will play "Marche Militaire", "Espana Waltz", "Two Guitars", and a tango, "Jalousie."

The Vocal Club will follow with "Two Grenadiers", "The Chorus of Peers", "The Bells of St. Mary's", and a selection of sea chanties. Several selections are to be played by the Gold Coast orchestra, followed by an act of legerdemain by W. S. Warner '32, who will stage an escape from handcuffs and a packing-box. J. S. B. Archere '30 will bring the evening to a close with a group of selected songs.

Dunster Program

The string section of the Pierian Sodality will be led by G. W. Woodworth '24, with M. H. Holmes '28 as assistant conductor and soloist. The concert, which will be open to all members of Dunster House and their guests, has the following program on schedule:

1) "Christmas", Concerto Grosso, no. 8, by Corelli, for two solo violins, solo violincello, and string orchestra (played without pause). The solo violins will be played by E. B. Schoenbach '33, and A. H. Ware 1G, while the violincello solo will be played by R. U. Jameson '32.

2) Capriol Suite for string orchestra, based upon dance tunes from Arbeau's "Orchesographie", by Warlock.

3) Concerto in E major for violin and string orchestra, by Bach. Mr. Holmes is to play the solo part.