LOWELL HOUSE LIMITS PRIVILEGES TO MEMBERS

Hammond, in Circular, Bars Outsiders From Enjoying House Privileges to Exclusion of Residents

A circular has been recently distributed among the members of Lowell House by Mason Hammond '25, head tutor, which after apologizing for a seemingly dog-in-the-manger attitude, emphasizes the fact that the various privileges of Lowell House are primarily for its residents, and only secondarily for outsiders.

This has been necessitated, Mr. Hammond says, by an innundation of nonresidents, who have used the library and squash-courts to the virtual exclusion of residents. Therefore he has laid down certain restrictions for the future, which he hopes will establish a more logical order of things.

In the same circular Mr. Hammond has announced two musical events for the middle of December. On Monday, December 15, at 8 o'clock, the Instrumental Clubs will give a concert in the Hall, while on the following Wednesday, December 17, at 8.30 o'clock an informal rendering of what is described as "more serious music" will be given in the Tower Room, in honor of the donor of the piano which is there in use. Concerning this latter program, details are as yet undecided upon.